BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / REPORTING DEVELOPER
Storage Post Self Storage is a self storage operator headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. We are committed to aggressive growth through the acquisition of existing regional self storage companies and the continued development of the most technologically-advanced self storage facilities in the nation. Storage Post is well capitalized with strong institutional partners and is actively pursuing portfolio acquisitions throughout the United States.
This Business Intelligence / Reporting Developer position will responsible for design, construction, testing, optimization, deployment, and operational support of ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and complex reporting solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Dundas Dashboard.
This position will function as a member of a larger team and will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into detailed technical designs and the delivery of ETL processes and reporting solutions according to specification.
- Assist management team in the construction and maintenance of various reporting visualizations:
- Operational and financial reporting
- Revenue Management
- Competitive Market
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Extract data from multiple operational and financial sources and assemble them into meaningful business intelligence
- Perform all SDLC phases related to extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server stored procedures within MS SQL Server 2008R2 environment
- Develop complex canned reports using SQL Server 2008R2 Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Develop multidimensional cubes using SQL Server 2008R2 Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Develop flexible dashboard using Dundas Dashboard v2.5
- Create and maintain data flow diagrams for existing and future ETL processes
- Create and maintain detailed source-to-target ETL mapping specifications
- Assist in the definition of the database requirements; analyze existing models and reports looking for opportunities to improve their efficiency; and resolve technical problems
- Develop optimized SQL Server stored procedures, functions, and database views
- Translate business requirements into BI application designs and solutions
- Performance monitoring, tuning and capacity planning
- Develop ETL audits and controls to ensure quality of data meets or exceeds defined standards and thresholds
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline is required
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer is a plus
- 3+ years of experience developing ETL packages with SSIS in a Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 or 2008R2 environment including scheduling and automation using SQL Server Agent
- 3+ years of experience in writing SQL stored procedures in a Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 or 2008R2 environment
- 3+ years of experience developing ETL and reporting solutions within a dimensional database architecture
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft tuning and performance optimization tools
- 3+ years of experience developing reports using SSRS in a Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 or 2008R2 environment
- 3+ years of experience developing cubes, reports, and dashboards using SSAS and MDX SQL in a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2008R2 environment
- SharePoint 2010 experience desired
- Real estate, hospitality, or retail experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits package offered.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "BI Reporting" in the subject line.