STORAGE SPECIALIST - NORTHERN NJ/BRONX
Storage Post, a premier storage provider, is looking for a full time Storage Specialist for our Northern New Jersey area and a part time Storage Specialist for our Bronx area. We offer growth opportunities in a positive environment, generous compensation and a full complement of benefits including health insurance for our full time employees. Prior storage and/or retail experience is extremely helpful. Bilingual is a plus. Storage Post does pre-employment drug screening and a background check.
Below are the responsibilities and duties.
This position is responsible for overseeing the operations of one store. This position is accountable for direct customer sales as well as follow-up with the customers referred to the store by the Customer Solution Center. Responsibilities include ensuring that operating standards are executed and followed, ensuring that the interior and exterior premises are clean and well maintained and that revenue and profitability targets are achieved. Maintain store at an acceptable level on the Property Performance Review.
A. Financial Management and Reporting
- Take daily deposits to the bank.
- Meet and maintain monthly revenue goals, audit daily documents, code and approve invoices, contact delinquent customers to request payment.
- Use internal systems to rank financial results, create and monitor budgets, and daily and monthly goals.
B. Recruitment/Staff Development
- Train and supervise the staff
- Maintain a productive and fun work atmosphere where employees take pride in their job and their work environment.
- Prepare the weekly schedule to appropriately staff the store for coverage during store hours in a fair and equitable manner; not to create burden.
C. Asset Management
- Complete a lock check three times a week to ensure security and to reconcile tenant inventory.
- Perform security functions.
- Walk the interior and exterior premises on a daily basis to ensure all areas are clean and free of any maintenance issues.
D. Sales and Marketing
- Provide potential customers with information about the variety of available storage spaces and amenities.
- Visit local businesses, apartments and condominiums to meet with the building managers about the company and provide them with marketing materials to share with their employees/tenants. Other marketing efforts as needed.
- Conduct auction proceedings for storage items that have been relinquished by the renter.
- Respond to customer issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Complete the company required paperwork and correspondence on a timely basis.
- Conduct merchandise inventory counts once a week to ensure an ample supply is available and that sold merchandise is properly entered into SiteLink.
- Maintain the time allocation per task to ensure operating standards are achieved.
- Minimum of 3 years retail experience
- Proven skills in generating and closing sales, interacting effectively with potential and existing customers and resolving customer problems
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Well-balanced personal and managerial style: mature, professional approach to people and problems. Proven skills in managing subordinates effectively to maintain good customer relations and obtain maximum productivity
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Time management and ability to multi-task
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years retail management experience
- Ability to read/write and speak the English language at a level that facilitates completion of company training and performance reviews
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft applications Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
Competitive hourly rate with benefits package offered.
For IMMEDIATE consideration please send your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com and include Storage Specialist - Northern NJ/Bronx in the subject line.