Self Storage 101
Those valuables cost you a lot of money. Keep them snuggled up safe.
When storing and packing your living space, remember:
- Place heavier items on the bottom of boxes with smaller and lighter items on top.
- Pillows make good padding for fragile items.
- If possible, pack electronics in their original cartons. Otherwise, electronics can be safely packed in sturdy boxes using bubble wrap, newsprint, comforters, blankets, etc.
- Pack lamp shades in individual boxes with plenty of paper for padding.
- Protect all chair legs by wrapping them with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Leave slipcovers on upholstered chairs or cover them with plastic covers.
- Go easy on your back. Keep the weight of all packing cartons to under 40 pounds.