Do I need Climate Control Storage?
There are many factors to take into consideration when you are choosing a storage unit such as location, price, security, and size. You also must decide the type of storage unit you need, conventional (non-climate controlled) or climate-controlled.
Consider what you are planning to store, how long you plan on storing it, and the region where you plan to store your stuff when considering climate controlled storage. If you're storing non-delicate items, or items that are not sensitive to variations in temperature a non-climate controlled unit may be right for you. Often they are less expensive and may offer convenient drive up access. Climate controlled units should be considered when storing items that are sensitive to variations or extremes in temperatures.
We recommend a climate controlled unit if you are storing any of the following items:
- Electronics (metal components can corrode)
- Wood or leather furniture (wood can crack, warp, or rot when exposed to moisture or fluctuating temperatures and leather is susceptible to moisture, which can cause discoloration and mildew)
- Household Appliances (climate control protects electronic and mechanical parts from cracking and rusting)
- Special Collections (coins, stamps, comics, and wine)
- Medical Supplies
- Musical Instruments
- Important Documents
- Family Heirlooms or Antiques
- Sporting Equipment
If you are still uncertain as to whether you need a climate controlled unit to store your items, come talk to the storage professionals at Storage Post. We’ll help you find the perfect unit to store all your items
Up To Two Months Free!
For a limited time, get up to two months rent free on selected units.