Moving Supply Suggestions
According to the United States Census Bureau, one-sixth of all Americans, an estimated 43 million people, or 17% of the total United States population, move each year and on average, individuals move 11.7 times in their lifetime. Storage Post would like to share some of our top moving suggestions:
The #1 moving, shipping, and storage supply is boxes. Storage Post suggests the following boxes for your needs:
- Small sized boxes (1.5 cu. ft.) are ideal for heavy, small and fragile items like tools, small appliances, canned food, and collectibles.
- Medium sized boxes (3.1 cu. ft.) are ideal for smaller household items, kitchen appliances, toys, and clothes.
- Large sized boxes (4.5 cu. ft.) are great for large, lightweight items such as lampshades, stuffed animals, pillows, towels, and clothing.
- Extra large boxes are perfect for lightweight, bulky items such as comforters, large pillows, towels and seasonal clothing.
- Wardrobe boxes keep your clothes on their hangers. Move your shirts, blouses, sport coats and pants with ease.
- Book boxes are suited for small, heavy items.
- Dish boxes separate, isolate and protect dishware, collectibles, and seasonal decorations.
- Glass boxes feature cell dividers to separate, isolate and protect glassware, crystal, and stemware.
- Mirror/Picture boxes are ideal for storing, packing and moving framed wall art, such as paintings, mirrors and artwork.
You need tape to close up all of your boxes! Depending on your situation you may only need a single type of tape, but you may also find that you need a little bit of everything.
- Stretch Plastic Tape has no adhesives or sticky residues, meaning no damage when removed. It sticks to nothing but itself, and is available in multiple widths and lengths.
- Transparent acrylic poly tape is clear to the core and perfect for moving, storage, or covering/protecting labels.
- Vinyl electrical tape is a flame retardant, high-temperature conformable thick tape that resists abrasions, moisture, alkalis, and acids.
Packing Paper, Padding, Peanuts, and Wrap
You need to protect all of your items in your boxes and items too big to fit in any boxes.
- Biodegradable, nontoxic, and reusable packing peanuts are a necessity for moving, storing or shipping fragile items.
- Multipurpose, washable, quilted pads protect furniture or large valuables from damage
- Clean, white, packing paper is perfect for wrapping items (dishes, glassware and small, delicate items) or to use as box filler.
- Bubble wrap is recommended for fragile or heavy items such as electronic or stereo equipment, artwork, and delicate items.
Storage Post Packing Supplies Guidelines
While every client has unique needs, we offer the following suggestions as a guideline:
- Packing 1-2 rooms: 15 small boxes, 15 medium boxes, 3 large boxes, 2 dish packs, 1 bundle of packing paper, and 1-2 rolls of packing tape
- Packing 2-4 rooms: 20 small boxes, 20 medium boxes, 5 large boxes, 2 mirror cartons, 4 dish packs, 1 bundle of packing paper, 3-4 rolls of packing tape, and 3-4 rolls of packing tape
- Packing 3-6 rooms: 25 small boxes, 25 medium boxes, 7 large boxes, 4 mirror cartons, 6 dish packs, 2 bundles of packing paper, and 4-6 rolls of packing tape
At Storage Post we offer our clients a full array of supplies so you can grab all of the boxes, tape and bubble wrap you need. Shop at our locations or at our online merchandise center today!