Benefits Of Using Self-Storage During Home Renovation
Home improvement projects of any size are very exciting…and stressful! From small remodeling projects to large renovations, your life will certainly be disrupted. Rather than keeping all your items in your home, make your life easier by renting a storage unit.
- Protect your belongings from dust and debris: Almost any type of home improvement project creates construction dust. This dust will coat the valuable furniture, fabrics, and electronics throughout your home, even with the most conscientious crew.
- Protect your belongings from breakage: Accidents like broken lamps and dripped paint can happen, especially within a renovation zone. By clearing crowded rooms you can reduce the risk of damaged belongings and save yourself money in replacement costs.
- Reduce clutter in your home: If you move your belongings from the renovation area into other areas of your home, it will quickly become cluttered and messy.
- Free up space for storing your materials: By moving your belonging into storage, you will free up space in your home for storing the materials and equipment necessary for your renovations.
- Be prepared for the unexpected: Plans change and projects that were originally only going to take one month can quickly turn into several months. You can rent a storage unit on a monthly basis, so no matter how much the renovation timeframe fluctuates, your belongings will remain safe and secure.
- Give yourself peace of mind: By safely storing your belongings during your renovation project you can focus on the project and your daily life, not moving around and protecting your belongings.
Storage Unit Organization Tips for Your Renovation
When you do move your items into storage, don’t throw everything haphazardly into your unit, because you will probably want to access your items while they are in storage. By utilizing proper storage techniques you will have easier access to your items throughout the renovation and a smoother transition when bringing your items back into your home. You’ll also want to specially pack some of your items to prevent damage:
- Closets and cabinets: Take all of your belongings out of closets and cabinets. Then purge anything unnecessary before neatly storing items in clearly labeled boxes.
- Kitchen items: Wrap your glassware and dishes in bubble wrap before storing in appropriate containers. Defrost, clean, and bubble wrap appliances before storing in climate-controlled storage.
- Bedrooms: Beds should be disassembled with mattresses being covered before storing, headboards protected by cardboard or bubble wrap, and wall hangings protected by cardboard and stored upright.
- Electronics: TVs and other expensive electronics should be wrapped in bubble wrap, with cardboard guarding the screens, in a climate-controlled storage unit.
Don’t sacrifice space in your home or your sanity during your next renovation project—keep your belongings safe, organized and accessible at Storage Post. We are the best place to store your stuff and we have thousands of units so you’re sure to find a facility right in your neighborhood. Stop by your local Storage Post or contact us today!
Up To Two Months Free!
For a limited time, get up to two months rent free on selected units.