Enriching the Community
We look to partner with events, organizations and programs that help grow and support the community by assisting those in need and creating positive new experiences for residents, customers and employees. Storage Post endeavors to be a good corporate neighbor and we welcome any chance to pitch in and further develop our neighborhoods.
Recurring charity partnerships:
- Annual coat drive with New York Cares and Jersey Cares: Each year from November through January, Storage Post partners with New York Cares and Jersey Cares during their annual coat drives. Storage Post provides a two-part support program: we act as a public collection site for donations, and we provide storage and warehouse delivery services for other community groups collecting coats. We have participated in the coat drives since 2011, and have collected thousands of coats to warm men, women and children in greater metropolitan New York. Read more about the New York Cares coat drive here.
- Food drives with Second Harvest Food Bank and the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank: Storage Post hosts food drives to benefit local families and individuals in need. We provide collection bins in our facility rental offices and encourage customers to donate a non-perishable boxed, canned or bagged food item at the time of move-in.
- Box donation to United Way’s Rockland Hunger Action Coalition: In the past, Storage Post donated dozens of boxes to a local hunger-relief organization that distributed food to the Rockland County community in New York.
Need a partner for your next charitable event?
- Community events: Use our facility for race start/finish line, local nonprofit car washes, local artist exhibits, etc. We want to ensure that our storage buildings are leveraged for programs that better our community. We welcome creative suggestions for using our buildings as places to run car washes, host artist exhibits, support races and any other events that bring community members together in a common cause.
- Regular drives for neighbors in need: Use our facility as a collection center for coats, clothing, food and other essential items. We encourage recycling not just to care for the environment, but to support other programs that enrich the neighborhood. In addition to our coat drive participation, we collect clothing, food, basic essentials and other items that provide care, assistance or support.
- Pet adoption days: Use our facility as a place to hold pet adoptions. When we say we care for our neighbors, we don’t just mean the ones that walk on two legs. Storage Post understands that our pets are important members of the community. We want to ensure that animal care in our areas are top-notch and that shelters are supported through adoption programs. We are happy to host animal adoption days at our locations to facilitate a furry friend finding the right family.
- Box donation: Storage Post will donate boxes for your nonprofit event or organization. Storage Post strives to be resourceful beyond our four walls, which is why we offer box and packing supply donations. Through the years we have provided boxes for collection drives and community events, and look forward to delivering materials that can help bolster important neighborhood programs.
- Sponsoring community events: Storage Post has a long history of participating and sponsoring community events and festivals, with some examples being the Grand Avenue Festival, Nyack SeptemberFest and the Duricimo Latin Awards in support of artistic youth. We love our neighborhoods and want to be active in investing in the city and enticing visitors.
- Fundraising opportunities for local nonprofits: Storage Post will donate money for members of your organization who rent storage space