Self-Storage in 10302 Staten Island storage units near you
About the Area
Zip code 10302 includes the Port Richmond neighborhood of Staten Island and is located just east of the Bayonne Bridge. The Kill Van Kull is the northern border of the area, with West New Brighton to the east and Route 440 to the west.
Self-Storage in 10302
Storage Post, North Shore is just 2 miles away, down Richmond Terrace, from zip code 10302, and we love this part of Staten Island.
If you live in the 10302 zip code, you live in an area that receives top marks for diversity, nightlife, public schools and outdoor activities. Plus, the location is good for families. In fact, 30% of residents are families with children.
57% of people in zip code 10302 own their homes, and the average home value is $431,700.
Fun fact: Port Richmond is one of the oldest cities in Staten Island. It has been called the following names.
- In the late 18th and early 19th centuries: The Burial Place (because it was the location of the Dutch Reformed Church cemetery).
- In the early 19th century: Decker's Ferry, Dacosta's Ferry, Hilleker's Ferry, Ryers' Ferry, Mersereau's Ferry or Landing.
- In the mid-19th century: New Bristol, Irvington or Cyrene.
Eventually, in 1866, the city was named Port Richmond.
Fun fact: Former vice president Aaron Burr died in Port Richmond. After his death, a guy turned up with materials to make a death mask but no one else was in the room where it happened … (apologies to “Hamilton” the musical).
Self-Storage Facilities Near 10302
We have several locations near 10302 for your convenience:
- 620 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301
- 444 E 10th Street, New York, NY 10009
- 3028 Starr Ave., Long Island City, NY 11101
- 103-39 98th Street, Ozone Park, NY 11417
- 3325 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11208
- 203 Broadway, Jersey City, NJ 07306
- 401 South Park Avenue, Linden, NJ 07036
- 1051 Edward St, Linden, NJ 07036
Why Choose Storage Post
If you’re new to northern Staten Island, here’s a little primer on what the weather is like in NYC. You get winter, you get rain, you get humidity and you get heat.
Clothing, fans, heaters and summer and winter lawn and garden tools can take up a lot of space, so a self-storage unit is your best solution.
Temperature fluctuations can cause wood to warp, encourage the growth of mold and mildew and be tough on all your personal possessions. A climate-controlled unit is never too hot or too cold and has air circulation to keep mildew and humidity at bay.
If you’re taking the Staten Island Ferry to work every day and coming home at night to build a dream that has outgrown your micro-apartment, then self-storage could help you build your business. Here are some ways you can use self-storage to build your small business.
Fun fact: There is no charge to take the Staten Island Ferry. If you are new to the area and someone tries to sell you a ticket, ask them if they are gagootz.
Stop into any of our convenient Storage Post locations near 10302 to see how we can help you with all your storage needs.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Up To Two Months Free!
For a limited time, get up to two months rent free on selected units.